Thursday, September 10, 2015

LAKE VIEW

A flash fiction challenge of 100 words or less

The photo prompt copyright to Jennifer Pendergast.




© Jennifer Pendergast


LAKE VIEW

Gagged and tightly bound, I can see my final resting place, Deep Lake. I notice the rocks he's neatly stacked and will use to keep me weighted. Will the truth ever surface? Will anyone question my disappearance or just go about their lives as they are now, ignorant of the evil in their midst?

My husband hums as he works, and then smiles. "Hey beautiful, I warned you, told you I'd provide all you needed. A job, I don't think so, it's just an excuse to flirt and cheat. Don't worry; this is my favorite fishing spot. I'll visit often."

100 words
Yolanda Renée © 2015
*****

Read more here, and add your own!



*****


We're getting ready for

 Halloween, 

are you?


Sign up October 1st

Post October 21 -23

1000 words or less


23 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

lol might hook her body one of these times and bring her back up

Anonymous said...

I love reading your flash fiction! They're always a touch humorous :)
Also, is this exactly 100 words? Then that's a drabble! I dig writing them because it's hard getting exactly 100.

Yolanda Renée said...

Yes, exactly 100 words, I always try for the exact, don't always achieve it but always try. Thanks Madilyn, good to know.

Yolanda Renée said...

That he might Pat, bad boy. I'm sure he'll consider it a lucky day - to find she's still there!

Priceless Joy said...

How chilling! Great story Yolanda! I can only imagine how she must be feeling.

Nick Wilford said...

Nicely sinister! Great job.

brudberg said...

Ouch.. just maybe he slips and hit his head on one of those rock.. Great story,

klahanie said...

Hi human, Yolanda,

I got that sinking feeling with your pawst! The very depths of "flash fiction" in this one.

I'm getting ready for Howloween! Arf and owwwwww!!!!

Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses,

Penny xx

Denise Covey said...

Ooh, sinister as Nick said. Nice job, husband. Lovely of him to visit...:-(

Yolanda Renée said...

Hi Joy, I know what you mean.

Yolanda Renée said...

Thanks Nick, it is isn't it.

Yolanda Renée said...

If only! Thanks brudberg.

Yolanda Renée said...

Hi Penny, tell Gary hello too. Yes, a very sinking feeling here.
Thanks for the doggy kisses!

Yolanda Renée said...

Hey Denise, he is thoughtful isn't he? :)

Deepa said...

Nice take on the prompt

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

Dear Yolanda Renee,

There's a husband who takes control to the next level. Well done.

Shalom,

Rochelle

draliman said...

He sounds a bit controlling. Not to mention a murderous psycho :-)

Christine Rains said...

Yikes! Such a beautiful photo and yet such an unnerving little story. Good job! :)

Scheherazade said...

Scary. Love it!

Dale said...

Hateful, jealous man. May he trip getting out of his boat and slam his head against the cairn!

Jo said...

I don't know how you think of these stories.

Gah Learner said...

Very sinister. I hope she comes back and haunts him when he 'visits'.

Sandra Crook said...

Such a thoughtful husband. :0 I hope he gets his.